Types and uses of personal information
Your personal information is used in the following ways:
- User IDs and Passwords. Provides you with access to your profile areas and to protected content.
- Account Information. These tell us more about who you are, how to contact you, and your shipping and billing information. Also contains any preferences you have provided, such as language, email format and interests.
- Customer Feedback and Support. Provides a mechanism for requesting information from ProofID. Also used to tell us how we can improve our products, services and site designs.
- Email Correspondence. Used to raise and respond to issues and inquiries of all types. Also used to distribute information about ProofID, our products, and services.
- Transactions. Shows which products and services you have requested.
We will only use your personal information in the ways specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way in which we use your personal information, unless you consent to the new usage.
We protect the personal information you share with us. For example, if you make an online purchase with us, we encrypt your credit card number. Access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their job.
Authorised third party agents may also need access to some of your personal information.
For example, if we need to despatch something to you, we must share your name and address with a courier company. We provide third parties with only the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction. We do not otherwise share your personal information with third parties, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
ProofID will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
We provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control these Websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) third party sites.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems.
Websites. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of our Websites. Some Websites will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled.
Accessing and Updating Information
We need your help in making sure your personal information is correct in our systems. Please notify us of changes to your name, address, title, phone number or email address.
Transfer of Personal Information to the U.K.
We may process or store your information in our U.K. databases.
All updates to this policy will be posted here. Last update: 08 February 2013
Do you need help with an update, access, or unsubscribe request?
Contact the Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org To aid in processing your request, please include the following details:
- Contact information (your name, address, email, etc.)
- Name of the program where you want the update applied
- Details of the request (e.g. change of email address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of my personal information, etc.)
Note: This policy also covers the personal information you provide to ProofID Customer Support.
Do you have additional questions or comments?